Sunday 20 January 2008

dream of the return

i know that my brother and my sis in law is crazy about pat metheny. not that i know much about pat metheny, but it really make me proud that their god given talent in music or at least their sophisticated taste in music are passed on to their children. maybe, azim will play this song next raya. (yes, azim!, the deal is still on!)

sometimes i think it's true what they say about the law of attraction, the song is in spanish, the language that i'm currently learning. so azul is blue, corazon is heart, poema is poem, escrito is written, puerto is port, vida is life

got to go, really bad that my place of work doesn't allow you tube.

please go to: http://acciaccatura.wordpress.com/2008/01/21/dream-of-the-return/

DREAM OF THE RETURN

Music by Pat Metheny
Lyrics by Pedro Aznar

Al mar eche un poema
que llevo con el mis preguntas y mi voz
Como un lento barco se perdio en la espuma

Le pedi que no diera la vuelta
sin haber visto el altamar
y en suenos hablar conmigo de lo que vio

Aun si no volviera
yo sabria si llego

Viajar la vida entera
por la calma azul en tormentas zozobrar
poco importa el modo si algun puerto espera

Aguarde tanto tiempo el mensaje
que olvide volver al mar
y asi yo perdi aquel poema
grite a los cielos todo mi rencor
lo halle por fin pero escrito en la arena
como un oracion

El mar golpeo in mis venas
y libro mi corazon.


I tossed a poem to the sea
that took with it my questions and my voice
Like a slow ship it got lost in the spray

I asked it not to return
without having seen the open sea
and in dreams telling me of its visions.

Even if it didn't return
I would know if it arrived.

Travel the whole life
on the blue calm or foundering in storms
little matters the way if some port awaits

I waited so long for the message
that I forgot to return to the sea
and thus I lost the poem
I cried to the heavens all my rancor
I finally found it written in the sand
like a prayer

The sea beat in my veins
and set my heart free

2 comments:

Accia said...

salam Ha,
thanks for sharing. and thank you so much for the support you've given all these while. May Allah Taala bless you and your family.

seriously, it is about me going back to work.

Azlinda Kamarudzaman said...

Hi!

I really would like to hear you sing that song someday...seriously! You better clear up your throat and sing it aloud to me and Miza....:-))